[ExI] Private and government R&D

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:57:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Damien Broderick<thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Rafal, I'm not an anarchist by accident. Denouncing government wickedness is
> a game all of us can and do play. But you set up the contrast as if it were
> a binary opposition, which is ludicrous.

### Really?

----------------------
 And yes, one step deeper everyone
> also knows that the power of corporations and rich individuals is heavily
> enabled and reinforced by government, judiciary and statutory entities. The
> question is, do corporations and the rich ever "squash" powerless people,
> not do governments do so.

### No, the real question is "Is it easier for a rich psychopath to
squash an average person in a society enthusiastically endorsing
monopolistic violence, or in a polycentric society built on the
principle of non-violence?".

 If you've ever tried to get your due from an
> insurance company, the answer will come to you.

### I am pretty sure it won't. I felt the dishes in my kitchen rattle
as a column of tanks thundered by, on their way to squash a workers'
uprising. I have my answers already.

Rafal