[ExI] u.s. military oath

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Jul 24 12:47:58 UTC 2009

spike ha scritto:

> About a week ago Jeff posted something I intended to answer but was
> wacky busy at the time and didn't get a chance to do it.
>
> The oath that U.S. military officers take is this:
>
> /"I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S.
> Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such
> appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and
> defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies,
> foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the
> same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation
> or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the
> duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."/
>
> The reason I mention it now is I expect this to become very important in
> the next few weeks.  We now have three senior officers who have refused
> orders because they believe the CinC is not legally president because he
> hasn't produced a birth certificate.  They haven't been thrown into the
> brig for mutiny.  I myself believe he has one, but his not producing it
> is the gift that keeps on giving to his political opponents.

Any idea about what would happen if BHO aka BS is found not be fit to
POTUS because he is not a true "natural born citizen"?

This also let me point how the US electoral system is very strange.
In Italy you MUST show an ID document every time you vote. Legally you
must carry an ID document and show it to the police (or others) any time
they ask you. It appear that ID documents in the US are used only to buy
alcoholics.

If I remember correctly, McCain was questioned about he being born in
Panama by US citizens.

Mirco