[ExI] u.s. military oath

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 24 21:59:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 08:21:17AM -0700, spike wrote:

> actually proved that he was either.  I have no idea how to undo all the
> legislation if it is found that 0bama isn't legally CinC.  It will be a
> constitutional crisis beyond anything this country has ever seen.  I

Ah, if only people knew the Constitution!

If the President does not sign bills, they become laws by default,
unless Congress had adjourned (the "pocket veto")

(which has weirdness I didn't know about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_veto
)

So I think the default assumption would be that any bills passed in the
past term would remain laws by default, even if not signed by a
legitimate President.

-xx- Damien X-)