[ExI] Charity vs. the Dole

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 00:21:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Stathis Papaioannou<stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/24 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Mirco Romanato<painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:
>>

>>> My suggestion, backed by the principle of reciprocity, is to sign the
>>> donors in a list of people that will receive a preferential treatment if
>>> they need an organ transplant. Anytime an organ is available, the people
>>> that signed on the  list of donors will receive the organs donated
>>> before anyone that is not signed in it.
>>> To prevent cheating, a minimum waiting time (a few years) could be
>>> implemented before the preference take place.
>>
>> ### Yeah, this is what I would support as well. Pity that the scum who
>> rule us don't want to allow it, since it would be "undemocratic" or
>> something like that.
>
> Why would it be "undemocratic" if most people thought it was a good idea?

### I meant "unfair" or "against human dignity", or whatever empty
verbiage they use to justify controlling our lives. "Undemocratic" is
one such label, and actually it doesn't in modern usage have much to
do with what most people think, it is more of a general term of
opprobrium used by political operatives.

Rafal