[ExI] Problems with the BMI

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jul 27 05:47:51 UTC 2009

Thanks for the article Max, very thought-provoking.  I went to the exercise
gym years ago and they tried to get a body fat estimate using that skin
pinch caliper thingy, didn't work.  It has always pissed me offwardly to
have my health risk estimated upwards for having a BMI in the 17s.  They
tell me I would be too thin to be a fashion model in Paris.  OK fine then, I
will eschew that profession thankyouverymuch.  But I have yet to have an
actual doctor explain to me: for what actual disease I am at greater risk by
being a bonemeister?  Well, anyone please?  What am I going to catch from
it?  Softening of the arteries?  Monobetes?  What?