[ExI] Iran's plan for their gay population

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:07:40 UTC 2009

2009/6/2 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Like this?
> http://www.worldisround.com/articles/343042/photo9.html

Why, I have seen much sexier than that... :-)

> http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/KB24Ak02.html
> Sex, drugs and Islam By Spengler
>
> http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HK21Ak01.html
> Jihadis and whores By Spengler

How comes one gets the impression that for this journalist Iranians
cannot really do it right?

They make too many children (in fact, the traces of at least a past
baby boom during the republican period can be seen in the very low age
of people around, something which we have not been used to for decades
in Europe...)? "Primitives". They stop and adopt birth control
(something which does not pose any kind of religious issue to them)?
"Iran is dying". The whoring class is composed by hungry peasants?
"How desperate and sad". By middle-class, educated women seeking an
extra buck on the side and a cheap thrill? "How decadent". No sex,
drugs and rock'n'roll? "Repressed". Plenty of it? "Hypocrite, immoral
beasts". :-)

One point where I believe he has it right is that Amahdinejad is a
*political* radical, not especially strict from a religious point of
view. In that sense,

In the US he would be more easily compared to a neocon than to a
leader of the Christian Right. :-)

But my real point is that I would not find it particularly strange if
we ever ended up having a few Iranian transhumanists on this list,
probably not more or less at odd with their government than the rest
of us may be with our own; and we might even discover that we have had
in fact more bizarre things than that in transhumanist ranks... :-)

--
Stefano Vaj