[ExI] Iran's plan for their gay population

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jun 3 16:59:20 UTC 2009

At 07:24 AM 6/3/2009 -0700, spike wrote:

>Sure, but this particular case seems backwards to me.  Of the gay people I
>know, none have demonstrated racism that I can recall.

The conventional answer would look, I think, to the embattled
masculinity of many black males, their kind having been insanely
demonized for centuries as a foul threat to Sacred White Womanhood
and simultaneously and forcibly treated like powerless children
("Boy!"). The strutting hypermaleness of rap seems to be an
inevitable reaction, along with its venomous misogyny and homophobia.
("I ain't nuthin like no *ho*, like no *bee-itch*, like no faggot, yo
muthafuck.") Cue Frantz Fanon.

Damien Broderick