[ExI] Iran's plan for their gay population

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:07:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> While I agree that many in the West, including in the Western elites, are trying to demonize Iran, I don't think every last report about Iran is false.  The threat (to the West, especially to the US), I think, is inflated*, but Iran is not a society where no oppression ever occurs above the normal background level we've come to accept.  (That said, I'm not sure where to rate it -- probably far less oppressive than many other states in the region, such as Saudi Arabia.)
>

> I think this is a reasonably balanced attitude...

I agree.

My main point is that in the West, mainstream media -- corporate media
if you will -- has been almost completely co-opted to the point of
becoming a "pure" propaganda organ of the ruling elite. Any person who
wants the truth is faced with an almost insurmountable challenge: how
to maintain their vital critical faculties when the dominant media --
the msm, not the internet and not the "alternative" press --  is
comprehensively corrupted by a political agenda, and as a united
front, expertly and successfully employs powerful manipulative
techniques to get the polity to believe what the ruling elite want
them to believe.

This is why the default position should be "lips", and why it's
necessary to remind oneself of this fact at the start of every msm
paragraph.  Otherwise -- and often even in spite of this vigilance --
they will come to "own" you.

Google up "statistics, executions, Iran" and find out just how many
Iranian homosexuals actually get executed.

Best, Jeff Davis

 "Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
  but most pick themselves up and hurry off
  as if nothing had happened."
                  Winston Churchill