[ExI] Iran's plan for their gay population

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:12:46 UTC 2009

2009/6/4 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>:

> It is just that in Christianity there is the example of Jesus and Mary
> Magdalene and his exhortation "Go and never sin again", where the similar
> example in Islam have to do with a man that went to Muhammad to confess his
> sin (conjugal infidelity), Muhammad three times pretended to not hear
> nothing and the fourth he condemned the man to be killed.

There is also this from the Hadith:

http://southernmuslimah.wordpress.com/2007/10/06/very-beautiful-hadith-and-forgiveness-in-islam/

"Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon
Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I
shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of
the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive
you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great
as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me,
I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”

But it makes no difference if the priest or the holy book preaches
forgiveness but the reality is otherwise, as it has been for the best
part of 2000 years. It is secularisation that will hopefully lead to a
moderate, impotent Islam, as has occurred in the West with
Christianity.

> I leave to the readers the type of religious interpretations and religious
> laws that can be derived from two so different episodes.
>
> For help, in Islamic law, is someone confess four times the same crime, it
> is the same as four witness testify against him.

That is because some Muslims interpret and apply the Koran literally.
This happens less with Jews and Christians becuase they choose to
ignore or reinterpret Biblical law. Here is a sample of stuff you
should be put to death for:

http://zeppscommentaries.com/Religious/death.htm

"Exodus 21:12

"He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death."

Well, in 21st century America, we have some 16,000 "smitings" each
year that result in death, and only a small percentage of those result
in the death penalty for someone; and far too often, it’s not even the
someone who did the smiting! We’re coming up ‘way short on executions
here. That’s not very biblical.

Exodus 21:15

"And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."

Now, my mom’s a nice little old lady who probably wouldn’t handle a
right uppercut real well. If I were to hit her, that would qualify me
for jerk of the year award, and some jail time, but if I didn’t kill
her then death seems kinda harsh. Even if I was enough of a louse to
do something like that.

Exodus 21:16

"He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand,
shall surely be put to death" Some states have the death penalty for
kidnaping. I’m not sure about the "selling" part, though. I would
guess that’s a violation of the 14th amendment. Except, of course,
under biblical law, slavery and the buying and selling of human beings
is generally viewed with a laissez-faire air about it.

Exodus 21:17

"And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."

That would definitely eliminate classroom crowding.

Exodus 21:29

"But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it
has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so
that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its
owner also shall be put to death."

I imagine that applies to vicious dogs, as well. Instead of gassing
them, Human Society personnel would just chuck rocks at Bowser until
he’s kind of a pulpy mass. We don’t usually stone the owner along with
his pet, but they can get several years for criminal negligence under
the right circumstances.

But on most American farms, the tractor has replaced the ox. No,
there’s no point in trying to deny it; it’s true. So if a tractor, I
don’t know, slips out of gear and hits someone, killing them, does
that mean the tractor should be put to death?

Exodus 22:19

"Whoever lies with an animal shall surely be put to death."

I suspect that means more than just "lying" with the animal. There
goes a fairly significant number of male members of farm families.

Exodus 31:14

"You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for [it is] holy to you.
Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever
does [any] work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his
people."

Working on the Sabbath gets you kicked out of the country. And it
could be read that working on the Sabbath (usually Sunday) could earn
you a trip to the Green Mile. Some bibles go on to say that heating
your house on the Sabbath is profaning it, which means nearly every
American outside of a few in Honolulu has probably earned the death
penalty.

Exodus 31:15

"Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh [is] the Sabbath of
rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does [any] work on the Sabbath day, he
shall surely be put to death."

Good bye, NFL.

Leviticus 19:20

"Whoever lies carnally with a woman who [is] betrothed to a man as a
concubine, and who has not at all been redeemed nor given her freedom,
for this there shall be scourging; [but] they shall not be put to
death, because she was not free."

I take that to mean that if you lie with a woman who is not a slave
you better make certain she hasn’t made any plans to be a concubine.

Leviticus 20:2

"Again, you shall say to the children of Israel: 'Whoever of the
children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell in Israel, who gives
[any] of his descendants to Molech, he shall surely be put to death.
The people of the land shall stone him with stones."

Well, how big a problem is this, anyway? Moloch hasn’t been real big
on the god circuit for a couple of thousand years now, and frankly, he
isn’t any more likely to make a comeback at this stage than Ronald
Reagan is. Maybe they could change it, so any teeny-bopper caught with
three or more Justin Timberlake posters shall be put to death. That
seems fair.

Leviticus 20:10

"The man who commits adultery with [another] man's wife, [he] who
commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the
adulteress, shall surely be put to death."

That right there should pretty much empty out Congress...

Leviticus 20:11

"The man who lies with his father's wife has uncovered his father's
nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death. Their blood
[shall be] upon them."

Not mother. So if mom dies, and pops runs out and marries a real babe,
watch out. .

Leviticus 20:12

"If a man lies with his daughter_in_law, both of them shall surely be
put to death. They have committed perversion. Their blood [shall be]
upon them."

Yeah, that’s kinda tacky. Still, it’s a pity Shakespear didn’t toss
that as a plot device into "Hamlet". Imagine the lines Hamlet could
have uttered about Ophelia! (Of course, he would have had to marry
Ophelia, which would have wiped out one of the main plot
elements...ok, maybe Bill knew what he was doing after all.)

Leviticus 20:13

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have
committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their
blood [shall be] upon them."

That’s the one the religious whacks always like to quote to show that
God is against gays. Of course, by now, it’s apparent that God is
against stuff that 95% of Americans have indulged in at least once at
one point or another.

Leviticus 20:15

"If a man mates with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and
you shall kill the animal."

That seems kinda harsh. It’s not like the pony gave his consent.

Leviticus 20:16

"If a woman approaches any animal and mates with it, you shall kill
the woman and the animal. They shall surely be put to death. Their
blood [is] upon them."

I’m told that there are movies with that exact storyline already. I
doubt they’ll ever become big grossers at the box office. At least, I
hope not.

Leviticus 20:27

"A man or a woman who is a medium, or who has familiar spirits, shall
surely be put to death; they shall stone them with stones. Their blood
[shall be] upon them."

"First, let’s kill all the astrologers." OK. That works for me. Along
with, as mentioned above, all economists and oddsmakers.

Numbers 1:51

"And when the tabernacle is to go forward, the Levites shall take it
down; and when the tabernacle is to be set up, the Levites shall set
it up. The outsider who comes near shall be put to death."

--
Stathis Papaioannou