[ExI] future fizzle

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:27:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> need not send that many, for it requires only two human landers, both nubile
> females with lots of frozen embryos.  They and their offspring are there to
> stay.  That's the right way to do a Mars colony.  Takes a long time, but it
> is still the right way.

Do you ever see a need for men?  Once science supersedes the
requirement for old-fashioned reproduction, is there much use for the
male of our species?  Machines do the heavy lifting and the
intelligence to build & guide the machines is not gender-dependent.
Once you've selected your two nubile females, do you send any male
embryos with them?  Or is Mars destined to be populated solely by
women?