[ExI] Are hard drugs not really addictive after all?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 7 19:36:42 UTC 2009

This fits the claims of smart people like Samuel R. Delany who say
they could take it or leave it, and seem to be telling the truth. I
suppose the trouble is you can't be sure what sort of response you'll
show until you're maybe in too deep. But I was able to give up
cigarettes, alcohol, coffee and almost all black tea without
*dreadful* trouble (although I needed about 4 runs at the smokes over
a decade or so--that stuff is *seriously* habituating/addictive).

Damien Broderick