[ExI] The Death Toll Imbalance in the Mideast War

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:24:31 UTC 2009

On 6/11/09, John Grigg wrote:
> This is where you and I really part ways.  A people can be *held hostage* by
> their own government and utterly terrorized.  And in such cases they need to
> be freed!  If not for the cost in lives and money, I would be very much for
> an invasion of North Korea.  As the world scratches their head in trying to
> appease the dictator there, so many of his subjects starve or are imprisoned
> and killed.
>
> We sadly cannot invade everyone, everywhere.  ;  )

I think Stathis is making the point that many dictatorships were
created or massively supported by the US under the foreign policy that
at least dictators were better than communist supporters. Supported
dictators were, of course, supposed to do as they were told by US
advisors. Some rebelled and had to be dealt with.

I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day
long and I assume they deserve it.
-Dogbert, Dilbert

BillK