[ExI] aspartame done me wrong

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:48:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Damien Broderick<thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> I took it in my tea and on cereals as a sweetener for years, and
> simultaneously had an increasing incidence of... well, feeling like shit.

A contribution might have been the fact that aspartame *tastes* like
shit, even though I suppose one can get used to anything...

Subjective? Maybe. But as much as some gene whisper may suggest to
some of us "Is it sweet? Hey, go for it, it is probably full of
calories", a think a little gastronomic self-education may make one
realises that any added sweetening substance, sugar in the first
place, substantially detracts from the richness and nuances and
differences in taste and flavour of most food and beverages, and makes
assuming them a really less interesting experience.

--
Stefano Vaj