[ExI] kite power?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jun 20 14:04:22 UTC 2009

True, however we already have highways in the sky.  There are plenty of
stay-out zones for aviation, such as over military bases and such.  The
number of aviation stay-out zones will surely increase.  I can easily see
the advantages of hauling the power generation cables aloft, so that they
don't swat birds all over the neighborhood, and stay in contact with better
wind.  A cable is much easier to build than a tower.  I could imagine these
kinds of schemes eventually contributing a percent or possibly two percent,
to total power generation.