[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 69, Issue 40

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sat Jun 20 17:48:22 UTC 2009

From: John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Extropian index and list

 >Well..., I'm just glad The Committee for Investigating Un-Extropian
 >Activities has not been formed yet, under the leadership of Senator
 >Yudkowsky.

No no, no!

You're not getting the point.

Nobody is suggesting that any topics be banned or discouraged.  I
actually think the original idea is flawed, and we'd be better off with
a 'tag' system, that identifies the type of topic in any post, rather
than an 'Extropy score'. That way, anyone could create their own filter
based on the tags.

In that spirit, and as a thought-experiment, what tags would we need?
And what kind of tag structure?  (eg., Main tag, sub tag, sub-sub tag,
or some other system?)

I for one would be very happy to be able to filter out topics that I
skip over anyway, and flag up topics of interest.

Whether or not this would create a balkanised list, and whether that
would be desirable or not, is another topic for discussion (putative
tag: List Balkanisation)

Ben Zaiboc