[ExI] H+ Healthcare

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 02:54:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM, <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> As transhumanists, we desire to long, vital lives.  How will a new
> healthcare system?s across-the-board set of rules affect us?  Would our
> coverage expire at nature?s suggested human lifespan of 123-max?  Would
> those who do live longer than a considered the norm have to fend for
> themselves, outside of the system?

Yes.  We will have to fend for ourselves.  It may be harsh, but no
more so than we are doing now whenever we raise our heads above the
herd and look past the edge of the status quo.  If we are planning to
live longer than the norm, we are probably also planning to live
comfortably above the norm.  Along the way I believe "our" politics
should be about ensuring that those who plan are not abused by those
who do not plan.  Honestly I'm not sure what 'our' politics actually
are in this case, so please educate me if my assumption is completely
incorrect.