[ExI] wowsers

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:39:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:44 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> > Read the full series from the St Petersburg Times here:
> >
> > <http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/#story_anchor>
> >
> > High-ranking defectors provide an unprecedented inside look
> > at the Church of $cientology and its leader, David Miscavige.
> >
> > $cientology leader David Miscavige is the focus of this
> > special report from the St. Petersburg Times... BillK
>
> Thanks BillK.  Did you notice that the mainstream media would never run
> negative stories on Co$ until Keith's run-in with them.  That series of
> events seemed to open the floodgates.  Keith has become Co$'s Neda Soltan.

I just don't see how they can be stopped considering all their money and
power & legal intimidation.  I have read that most of their revenue is from
newcomers to the organization that spend a few hundred/thousand dollars and
then leave.  Bad publicity like this may make a dent, but I doubt will be a
critical hit.  I keep on wondering how John Travolta and Tom Cruise can be a
part of such an organization that hurts and uses people.  And I shake my
head at the thought that a cocktail party of science fiction writers and a
conversation between L. Ron Hubbard and Robert H. Heinlein resulted in the
seed that created this institution...

John