[ExI] An Austrian Perspective on the Great Recession of 2008

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 22:05:40 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:
> Some here -- certainly Dan -- will be
> interested in this:
>
> > This working paper makes the case that the Austrian
> Business Cycle Theory is still relevant especially during
> this time of financial crisis. The Austrian explanations of
> the business cycle takes into account microeconomic
> foundations, which current standard macroeconomics makes
> little use of in explaining and understanding the dynamics
> of growth and business cycles. This paper argues that the
> alternative approach to understanding business cycles and
> economic growth espoused by the Austrian school of thought
> sheds a great deal of light on the current recession as well
> as suggesting ways to prevent future boom-bust cycles.
> http://www.reason.com/blog/#134375

Small world!  I reviewed Horwitz's book a few years ago:

http://uweb.superlink.net/~neptune/Macro.html

and I used to participate on Hayek-l -- an econ list he used to frequent -- as well as also being a fellow member of the Society for the Development of Austrian Economics.  (I think he was president at one time.)

Regards,

Dan