[ExI] Non-commie Aussies

deimtee deimtee at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 28 05:07:37 UTC 2009

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

>### It makes sense. As much as I hate the idea of government as a
>payer of healthcare, and government "social services", they are more
>of a nuisance, a destructive and stupid waste of resources but not a
>stab to the heart of freedom. However, taxation and government
>regulation of commerce, banking and trade is the true evil, where they
>(politicians, parasites, voters) make a direct grab at the life of
>workers like me, and thoughtlessly and maliciously twist and blemish
>it. If you can work, trade and save, you can always buy your way out
>of the miasma of a VA (veteran's affairs) hospital but once they hold
>you by the wallet, you are toast. So I can imagine Australia being
>more free than the US, even despite the national health service
>bullshit.
>
>Rafal.

Rafal,

Would it make any difference to your viewpoint on national healthcare to
know that this
is the issue that is probably taken the most seriously by a large
majority of voting Australians ?
Even granting that  there will always be corruption, nepotism, and graft
in pretty much any large
organisation, public or private, the healthcare system here is watched
closely by all political
parties, public advocacy organisations and the news media.
Serious corruption or waste is exposed quickly, and dealt with in public.
As Stathis says, the system IS accountable,  all the way down, because
the public DO hold the politicians accountable.
To put it bluntly, if they fuck up the healthcare system they will get
tossed out on their arse, and they know it

regards
David.