[ExI] Fwd: [tt] pirate party, transhumanist values

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 10:38:34 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>
Date: Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 5:14 AM
Subject: [tt] pirate party, transhumanist values
To: tt at postbiota.org
Cc: forkit! <fork at xent.com>

The Pirate Party is growing like crazy in our neck of the woods
(Sweden did 7.1% in the last EU vote, some 19.x% in the 18-30
age bracket; Germany did 0.9% out of the blue, and recent growth
has been huge, I'm starting to believe that 1-2% in the upcoming
national vote isn't out of question).

Since it's the only party I can't vote for without moral contortions,
I've become a member. This is an opportunity, since we're yet in
the early phase of growth, with many aspects of the party program
yet undeveloped. I am thinking the Pirate Party is already very compatible
with transhumanist values, and I want to develop these aspects further.

If any of you have ideas what a transhumanist party should support,
please send them to me. I want to do the first draft in English, anyway,
for the benefit of other Pirate parties elsewhere.

Thanks lots.

P.S. Please forward where appropriate, send replies to eugen at leitl.org
or eleitl at gmail.com