[ExI] hitchins fans: hitchins on UN free speech proposal

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Mar 6 15:54:01 UTC 2009

> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-qdC5zYd4
> >>
> >> When we were talking about those who consider transhumanism a
> >> religion, we never dealt with the possibility that if it were so,
> >> criticism of transhumanism could become an international crime.
>
> That's funny.  Of course some countries are not like the US
> where anything can call itself a religion.

Ja!  I don't see why I couldn't declare myself a religion.  I worship me.  I
am a regular god of wisdom, a fountain of hilarity.  Having the UN declare
the law would make it binding on all member nations.

> The US never signed the Moon Treaty because the L5 Society opposed it.
> Keith

Good work on that, Keith.  Can we declare you a religion?  I can imagine a
certain existing religion that would be worried bigtime.

Speaking of which, what happens under such rules when two similar competing
religions criticize each other?  A shining example is not hard to imagine.