[ExI] What is Grace?

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:49:56 UTC 2009

2009/3/9 John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>:

> I realize you are a European, but still, you associate the U.S. involvement
> with Iraq and Afghanistan as being on par with the Nazi SS atrocities of
> WW2???  I would say that is REALLY pushing it.  You must not know your
> history...  Part of the reason the U.S. has had a hard time trying to "win"
> is that we fight with one hand tied behind our back, in an effort to at
> least try to be ethical.  And when we make mistakes we usually/at least
> sometimes try to correct them and have governmental bodies to aid in this
> desire.

FWIW the Germans in WWII also tried to be "ethical", for the most part
following the Geneva Convention regarding treatment of prisoners of
war etc. Even the gas chambers were devised as a humane solution for
the Jewish problem, in the same way that US states which execute
prisoners today try to convince themselves that they are not carrying
out "cruel and unusual punishment". The enemy are scum and probably
deserve to die, but because we are so noble we will spare them when we
can and kill them kindly when we must.

--
Stathis Papaioannou