[ExI] What is Grace?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:58:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ooh boy. Well, first, I don't think anyone here said we were worthy of
> great praise for our intervention in Iraq, just that we weren't nearly
> as bad as the Nazis.

Why, I am far from blaming Joe Sixpacks for what he sees his
government doing abroad on his TV set...

As far as the governments are concerned, "mine killed fewer people and
not really on purpose, others would have killed even more if they had
bigger bombs" does not really qualify for moral high ground... :-)

> Secondly, even though I certainly don't support
> my government's actions there, I can easily imagine that some people,
> some Iraqis included, might see it as a liberating action rather than
> an outright takeover.

Yes, for every aggressor a fifth column and a collaborationist party
is always there, ready to serve. But this is by no means an exclusive
privilege of the US armed forces...

--
Stefano Vaj