[ExI] global warming again

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Mar 16 21:00:21 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
> This should put to rest the ludicrous notion that higher
> average seasonal temperatures in the one-digit range would be
> "incompatible with the survival of our species on Earth"...

Sefano, I honestly do not understand how that whole notion got so much
mileage when we can see plenty of people prospering in much warmer climates
than that which you and I live.  Italy isn't nearly as warm as some other
places, ja?  So we would wear less clothing.  That would be a good thing in
itself.  I would be so horny all the time.

> Entirely different issues are of course whether we should
> hope for a warmer or cooler climate, and in either case what
> if anything we should do about that... Stefano Vaj

It's not so much hoping, but rather what are we actually doing, especially
when it comes to investing my own sacred money.  Currently I am expressing
skepticism while actually betting with the global warming people, for I am
contemplating planting a buttload of trees at the cool edge of their viable
range.  If the global warming people come thru, fine for me.  If the global
cooling people are right, I lose my sacred money and go hungry.  They scare
me.

So you see, money is the root of all evil.  Except of course when it is in
*my* grubby paws, at which time it becomes the root of all good. And the
trunk and branches as well, and I am the leaves.