[ExI] global warming again

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 21:56:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Stefano, I honestly do not understand how that whole notion got so much
> mileage when we can see plenty of people prospering in much warmer climates
> than that which you and I live.  Italy isn't nearly as warm as some other
> places, ja?  So we would wear less clothing.  That would be a good thing in
> itself.  I would be so horny all the time.

Frankly, I am more into "critical theory" than in climatology, global
economics or planetary physics.

Accordingly, I can tell you with assurance that I have good philosophical
grounds to hate the "GW culture", and I have no qualms in demistifying its
tenets, including where they come from and what they are aiming at. The fact
in particular that GW propaganda is much more popular in Scandinavia or
Canada (!) than in Nigeria or Equador or Malaysia gives one pause.

As to the merits? I think that suspending judgment is a reasonable enough
position for me. Yet, agnosticism may well already imply here some
conclusions as to the "burden of proof"... :-)

Moreover, I know for a fact that humankind thrived with much warmer climates
than we know today, and this debunk all notion of "impending extinction
unless...", whatever the economical consequences of a possible anthropic or
non-anthropic GW may be for real estate owners in Manhattan or Venice and at
least as far as one-digit temperature raises are concerned.

--
Stefano Vaj