[ExI] who needs humans?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:54:30 UTC 2009

2009/3/16 spike <spike66 at att.net>

>  We are sooo getting closer to replacing ourselves:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brD5D0ytD04
> http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/16/japans-hrp-4c-fashion-model-robot-unveiled-already-harassed/

It is both a very eerie and exciting sight.  I remember a number of years
ago reading that to program/build a robot to walk like a bipedal humanoid
(especially for going upstairs/downstairs) would be a monumental feat that
would take much longer than it actually did.

I am so glad the Japanese have their fascination (and willingness to use
lots of resources) with bipedal humanoid robots.  They are making good
progress in a field that perhaps the West might have neglected for awhile.

I wonder where they will be a decade from now?  Two decades?  Three?
Especially, if the Singularity does not arrive within the relative

John Grigg

P.S.  Guess what film I'm watching right now..., "Small Soldiers."  They
just got done with the crazy Barbies scene. hee  I hope these Japanese
androids don't ever go half as bonkers! lol