[ExI] Was: Re: Economy: "The Big Takeover" Now: WHAT DO WE DO?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 22:09:24 UTC 2009

On 3/22/09, John Grigg wrote:
> No thoughts on this, folks?  Wow.  This story horrified me (yes, the
>  corporate corruption & takeover of the U.S. govt. is nothing new,
>  except that it is reaching never before seen heights).
>
>  WHAT DO WE DO TO STOP IT???  AND WHAT IF WE CAN'T???

OK, if you insist.   :)

I don't think there is much that *we* can do.

I see the solution as getting the people back in control.

At the moment, billionaires are discussing with other billionaires how
best to use the government's money to keep their lifestyle secure.

Rather than bailing-out failed bankrupt companies,
1) The government should temporarily take them over and guarantee
their debts (to avoid worldwide panic).
2) Sack all the billionaire managers and investigate them for fraud.
If they are convicted of fraud, then jail them and take all their
assets as the proceeds of crime.
3) Hire financial staff at reasonable salaries to rebuild the
companies from the ground up. (I understand there are many financial
people looking for employment at present).
4) Unwind and de-leverage all the financial garbage. (This will take years).
5) Reprivatise the companies after the cleanup, when shareholders
might find their shareholdings had some value after all.

Write to your congressman now!

BillK