[ExI] The Parallels and Convergences: Mormon Thought and Engineering Vision Conference

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Wed Mar 25 00:57:33 UTC 2009

Damian,

Of course that is the way you, and most higher than average intelligence
people see it.  But a lot of people, especially lots of women, when they
here something like: "highly oppressive patriarchal top-down system"
they ask: 'where do I sign up?'  Until we have true ability to rewire
some of these primitive less than intelligent animalistic tendencies in
the common person, things will remain problematic, as long as we keep
doing the same old same old trarnshumanism is still doing. (i.e.
ignoring the less than common man).

Many people in this world just aren't as intelligent and self sufficient
as the few of us transhumanists are.  They don't have the brains, or
perhaps just the interest, required to see how important transhumanist
and such ideas are.  They just value different things than we do.  And
there is no problem with that right?  Because of their differences, they
excel where we fail.

And THIS is where mormonism has a great legacy, especially compared to
the miserable failure to be able to organize and work together the
transhumanist movement has struggled with forever.  The transhumanist
movement, in the past, just hasn't had what is required to bring the
transhumanist message to, in a way that it can help the real common
person, including the less than common.

That's one of the reasons I like to call myself a Mormon Transhumanist
Atheists.  Not only do I just want everyone to get along, and recognize
that we don't all have to be just chocolate, or strawbery, but also that
the more we all work together, especially doing well organized
missionary like work to the masses of common and less than common
people, the faster we will usher in the millennium, um, I mean the
singularity.

The goal is to definitely be a transition to something with less
primitive faults, and to help them with this, but not to in any way
limit diversity of desires, hopes, and beliefs, or expect them to be
just like us.  We'll never get anywhere as long as we have this abandon
and leave them all behind as long as they don't want to do things my way
attitude.

We can always do things faster being well organized and working
together, especially enabling and pulling in the less than common
person, than we can do it alone right?

Brent