[ExI] punishment

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:06:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

> My god. I suppose that you'd claim wolves aren't
> violent towards cattle, it's just that they have
> a natural antagonistic relationship with them.

In fact, ethologists if I am not mistaken are inclined to employ terms such
as violence or aggressiveness only for intra-specific behaviours, not for
inter-specific fighting, e.g., for predation purposes.

For many animal species intra-specific violence is in fact widespread, even
though often ritualised or limited to an extent.

--
Stefano Vaj