[ExI] Easter Island

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu Mar 26 03:44:56 UTC 2009

BillK writes

> On 3/25/09, Damien Broderick wrote:
>> At 06:56 PM 3/24/2009 -0700, Keith wrote:
>>> If you can propose a technical
>>> path to get the historical Easter Islanders out of their mess, I would
>>> be most interested.
>>>
>>  Hunt down and kill all the rats.
>> <http://www.livescience.com/history/060309_easter_island.html>
>>

> Also,
> Avoid diseases from European contact. Avoid the slave traders who took
> thousands of slaves away.

Er, Bill, I hope that you realize that this would mean
armed resistance.

Are you advocating that these peaceful islanders actually
create a war department, organize, but weapons from
international arms dealers, tax their own citizens?

And, if too many free riders "didn't want nothin' to do
with no war", use conscription??

Come now. Wouldn't it be better to just practice civil
disobedience and wait for the Europeans and slave traders
to realize the errors of their ways?

Lee