[ExI] Economy: "The Big Takeover"

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Mar 27 06:19:05 UTC 2009

Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

> 2009/3/26 Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com>:
>
>> So communists can't be trusted to keep their paws from the cookie jar. Then
>> the fascists
>> raided the kitchen and pigged out. And now the capitalists have been caught
>> chowing down
>> on the green stuff. What system will make absolutely sure there aren't
>> people so far removed
>> from accountability and oversight that they, drunk with entitlement, start
>> binging and
>> partying on a boat?
>
> No system of government can be trusted absolutely. My philosophically
> preferred system is anarchism, but I'm not sure that can be trusted
> either, since the communists, fascists or capitalists might take over.

Yes, I totally agree. Moreover, no system of government will
work well if the character of the people (a function of
their culture) is inadequate. As one of America's founders put it:

     To suppose that any form of government will
     secure liberty or happiness without any virtue
     in the people, is a chimerical idea.

     -James Madison,

Lee