[ExI] Easter Island again

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 27 06:25:54 UTC 2009

At 08:57 PM 3/25/2009 -0700, Keith wrote:

>What I was looking for is technical suggestions about how people with
>human labor, knowledge, six square miles of rocks and a little
>charcoal could implement a modern technological society on Easter
>Island.  This is in the context of mining the moon.

Hang on, cobber. That might have been what you were looking for, but
what you *said* you were looking for was this:

>If you can propose a technical
>path to get the historical Easter Islanders out of their mess, I would
>be most interested.

Hence the points raised about the mess of the historical Easter
Islanders arguably being due to ru8naway rat populations, introduced
diseases and armed invaders. None of these feature in exploiting the
moon, luckily, except possibly for mutated diseases--and not even
those if it's done by telefactor.

Damien Broderick