[ExI] Next: teaching the flat earth controversy in TX schools

Henrique Moraes Machado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:30:47 UTC 2009

Damien Broderick> I wonder how a teacher would fare who adopted this ID line
but taught
> with great passion that the Raelian position was far superior to
> evolution: that is, UFO aliens had created us. Students wouldn't be
> obliged to *believe* this, naturally, but would need to be up to speed on
> it at least to the same extent as they have to be on evolution. Then
> Scientologists could teach Hubbard's anti-evolution version, and so on, or
> cynics could teach it as an instance of ID. Simulation theorists could
> follow. Would they be hounded out of the schools? Would the board insist
> that only fundamentalist Christian-flavored ID (however hypocritically
> disguised) is permissible? It's easily argued that Simulation Theory is
> far more scientific than any other variant (being based on computer
> science and stats), and the Raelians make that claim as well, since they
> appear to be materialists who just think aliens used ID to create us. (How
> the aliens came about themselves is unclear.)

Indeed. And let's also teach alchemy along with chemestry and mix astrology
with astronomy. The classes could also begin with a sacrifice of a goat or a
chicken every morning. To appease the gods. You know... Just in case.