[ExI] The sky is falling!

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Mar 30 21:35:38 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
> Subject: Re: [ExI] The sky is falling!
>
> 2009/3/30 Chad Robb <ninjawaffles at gmail.com>:
> > I attended St. Paul Episcopal Church for a year as a
> christian. Though
> > they didn't do the frantic stuff, they did talk about evil
> spirits and
> > even performed an exorcism upon my little brother...
>
> Sorry to say that, but protestants are hopeless amateurs in
> this kind of stuff. You want the Real Thing, you must go for
> the catholic church, especially some congregations thereof.
>
> --
> Stefano Vaj

Possibly so, but the most hard core religionists you will find anywhere are
those private groups who have no affiliation with any mainstream
denomination, and must be found with considerable effort, for they do not
advertise.  Often they meet in private homes.  Groups of charismatics may be
found in nearly every denomination, but I was surprised to hear of Chad
Robb's experience in the Episcopalians.  Ordinarily the Episcopalians are
among the most placid, staid and benign of the current surviving religions.
The one group I know of was little more than a country club with a
quasi-religious backdrop, used by the more affluent to meet and greet.  As
far as I could tell there was little if any basic doctrine in which they
insisted.  It would be easy to imagine finding Freeman Dyson at one of these
churches.