[ExI] To Arms!

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Tue Mar 31 06:42:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 21:33 -0700, Lee Corbin wrote:
> Fred writes
>
>  > I described your statement as ridiculous and completely disgusting.
>  > You were looking for an argument where none was intended.
>
> May I ask what is the utility of such vacuous condemnations?

At least one utility is to make sure that anyone who by chance stumbled
onto this exchange would realize that your position is not an Extropian
position and is in fact extremely non-Extropian.  I would not want a
reporter on a deadline to be following links or doing some google
searches and to read your posts and mistakenly think that the views you
have stated about France and Muslim expulsion are in any way
representative of Extropian thought.

BillK posted a brief summary of part of the background related to the
situation of Muslims in France.  I suggest everyone read it.  Seriously
France is not going to expel all of the Muslims for several reasons and
to even suggest that it would be a good idea shows a profound lack of
understanding of international law, international relations, military
affairs, history and other social sciences.  The reason I mention
international law first is that understanding the idea of "Crimes
against Humanity" would be a good starting place.

Fred