[ExI] Yielding to Ideology Over Science, by Ron Bailey

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 13:08:17 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 5/1/09, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.reason.com/news/show/132997.html
>
> I think this is shaky ground. While modern farming looks to
> be a good
> thing for the environment per se, improved agricultural
> technology
> seems to just let us increase the total population. More
> people ==
> more environmental stressors. Environmentalists don't
> approve of this.

Yes, though the same thing could be said of anything that lessens demands or impact: it allows for more of it under the same conditions.  The environmental movement, too, is not uniform.  Some environmentalists are just purely anti-human; others are not.  I think the latter are more in tune with the rest of humanity than the former.

> Me, I'm for more people. Go people!

I don't believe one is forced to choose.

Regards,

Dan