[ExI] META: A modest proposal for the Extropy-Chat list

Hartmut Prochaska hartmut.prochaska at gmail.com
Fri May 1 14:21:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

> It'd be nice to use some kind of karma system, or something a bit more
> crowd-sourcey, to replace moderation. Unfortunately, just about every
> scheme I can think of would require a website (there are no feedback
> buttons in an email). And this will always be an email list.

they only way to get the karma system into the mails I could currently imagine
is to enhance the signature with a links like

or
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/extropy-chat/<MessageID>/karmaargh

with login on the website. So if the mail is realy very good or bad you will
click on this link, log in and give karma points. This is a little bit
inconvinient, so I guess it would realy only be used for the "extreme" cases
and otherwise ignored. Also I guess some members of this list will argue
againt cluttering the signature :)

bye
Hartmut