[ExI] anti-capitalist propaganda, was: retrainability of plebeians

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun May 3 14:59:54 UTC 2009

Olga wrote:

> This is what Palin really said:
>
> "...
> They're very, very important to us and they are our next door
> neighbor.
>
> GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in
> the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
>
> PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually
> see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Both of Palin's comments are perfectly true, unlike Biden's silly gaffes
which he continues to spew almost daily even now.

Gibson was a transparently hostile interrogator.  He also asked Palin about
the Bush doctrine.  There wouldn't be one person in a hundred that could
guess what he meant by that.  Did Bush have only one doctrine?  Palin didn't
want to reveal sensitive information about international relationships, so
she sidestepped the question.  Likewise with the Couric interview: had she
revealed her news sources (probably Fox) she would be giving an endorsement.
To both lines of inquiry perhaps Palin should have said something like "I
choose to not answer that."

Now, imagine if someone had asked Obama the most obvious question, the one
that is *still there* waiting for some reporter anywhere:  where did you get
your money?  Let him reply "I choose to not answer that."  What else could
he say?

>It wasn't the evil media. The Republicans *wanted* to lose the election.
That's why they picked such poor candidates...BillK

BillK I buy into half of that.  The republicans did want to lose this one,
and I can clearly see why.  I kept getting that vibe from McCain, who was
truly a dud, but the media played into it bigtime, and I haven't been able
to figure out what was in it for them.  Why would they want to protect the
republicans?  Why did they want to see the democrats take on a job they knew
couldn't succeed?

It is clear to me that the two major parties had converged to the point of
indistingushability, where any real difference was meaningless, and now a
duel to the death is taking place.  Problem is this duel will do tragic
damage to the nation.