[ExI] retrainability of plebeians

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun May 3 17:54:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> At 01:03 AM 5/3/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:
>
>>  of course you
>> can't travel somewhere and see a capitalist society to get a
>> comparison.
>
> Why, given the overwhelming superiority of this kind of society? This is
> starting to sound like those claims that cheap fusion power and eternal
> light bulbs have been developed but ruthlessly suppressed by the
> International Bankers.

### Ruthlessly suppressed by the Internationale, yes.

Think about it this way: from our general knowledge of science and
perusing the Tesla website we can be reasonably sure that you can
build good electric cars (like the T roadster) but unfortunately there
is not enough lithium available to make them cheap as well. Same with
capitalism - we know from theory and from occasional lucky situations
(Hong Kong, Singapore) that you can build a more capitalist society
than the US is, and that it would be a much better society.
Unfortunately, building a capitalist society takes a lot of things
that are in short supply - intelligence, humility, freedom from
natural human biases, and that's why it isn't happening.

Rafal