[ExI] libertarians and inheritance

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon May 4 14:45:15 UTC 2009

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> One of my biggest problems is with "inheritance." On the one hand I
> do not support inheritance taxes as they strengthen the State.
> On the other hand, I'm sick of hearing Libertarians and Objectivists
> say how everything in life must be earned and then they look away
> and whistle when I say, "True, but how about inheritance?
> It's not earned."

I must admit you may not be entirely wrong about that. I'm not a big fan of
any tax but inheritance tax would be the LAST one I'd remove. I'd also say
that Libertarians are right in advocating Ivy League universities stop their
affirmative action admittance policy, but they should also get rid of their
legacy admittance policy.

 John K Clark