[ExI] Silly

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 13:08:56 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 5/4/09, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> From: hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com>
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Silly (was libertarians and inheritance)
> To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
> Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 7:35 PM
> At 04:30 PM 5/4/2009, John K Clark
> wrote:
> >"hkhenson" <hkhenson at rogers.com>
> >
> >>  In a post nanotech world death should be
> rare indeed
> >
> >Yea but the clock is ticking. Will you or I make it in
> time?
>
> If you are *not* signed up for cryonics, why not?

Will cryonics even work?  And even if it does, it depends on everything going right until you get revived.  If, say, the laws are changed to completely confiscated all your funds and wealth after legal death -- so that other, "wiser" people (i.e., those in the political or corporate elites) decide where your wealth goes -- then you might be left to rot.

Regards,

Dan