[ExI] supply and demand

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 6 04:37:39 UTC 2009

Your client doesn't parse the link? Guess  we should paste in a
separate line to avoid problems.

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Fred C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com> wrote:
> The correct URL is:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand
>
> Can I suggest that people avoid putting commas, periods, parentheses,
> brackets, etc next to URLs since this often leads to the punctuation
> getting included in the URL.
>
> Fred
>

> On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 22:10 -0400, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
>> I noticed that some posters, when writing about the "law of supply and
>> demand", were referring to notions and issues that really have little
>> to do with the law of supply and demand as discussed by economists,
>> and then concluded that the law doesn't work in real life, because
>> whatever they were writing about wasn't making sense. In the interest
>> of avoiding discussions involving non-shared meanings of words, I
>> suggest that anybody who wants to take on supply and demand would
>> first read an introduction to the matter (e.g.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand). A grasp of the notion
>> of a supply curve, elasticity, curve shift, is truly indispensable in
>> any reasonable treatment of this subject.
>>
>> Rafal

Rafal Smigrodzki, MD-PhD
Chief Clinical Officer,
Gencia Corporation
706 B Forest St.

Charlottesville, VA 22903

tel: (434) 295-4800

fax: (434) 295-4951

This electronic message transmission contains information from the
biotechnology firm of Gencia Corporation which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by
telephone (434-295-4800) or by electronic mail
(fportell at genciabiotech.com) immediately.