[ExI] The Circle of Coercion

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:02:25 UTC 2009

2009/5/11 Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com>:

> Who could even have (on this list) imagined
> fifteen years ago that Voltaire's principle
> would be questioned? Who sixty or seventy
> years ago in America could have guessed that
> government would come to absorb about fifty
> percent of everyone's pay, and would soon
> be trying to impose communist health care?

You keep going on about health care, but it is one of the things that
clearly works better when there is government involvement. You
speculate that if the mostly private health system in the US were
completely deregulated, health care would become both cheaper and
better. But there is no evidence for this, anywhere in the world. Your
position reminds me of apologists for the Soviet Union arguing that it
failed because it wasn't communist *enough*.

--
Stathis Papaioannou