[ExI] Basis of property rights/was Re: The Circle of Coercion

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Tue May 12 18:28:10 UTC 2009

Il 12/05/2009 19.57, Damien Sullivan ha scritto:

> Certainly everyone in the state of nature can walk wherever they please.
> To fence off some land as "my farm" is to seize land formerly available
> to all.

In a "State of Nature" you can walk everywhere as you can be killed
everywhere by anyone able and willing to do so.

The first step out the "State of Nature" is a mutual contract, implicit
or explicit, to not kill others. The second step is to mutually
recognize their right to their property, like their territory and their
stuff, as you want them to recognize the same right in you.

A rule of thumb to check if something is a right is to see if it can be
claimed and exercised by all in the same time.

Mirco