[ExI] Stathis

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:54:17 UTC 2009

2009/5/12 Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>:

>>> Stathis you are from Italy?
>>
>> Stathis Papaioannou sound Greek, so I suppose he is Greek or from US,
>> maybe from Cyprus.
>
> I must say I'm mind-boggled by this question and wild speculations. Stathis
> has mentioned repeatedly that he's an Australian psychiatrist, working in
> Melbourne. Half the force of his postings on health systems derives from his
> experience as a practicing psychiatric professional in Australia.

To be precise, I'm Australian-born, of Greek background, and I work as
a medical officer in the Australian public psychiatry system. This
should be borne in mind when reading bias in my posts. To be fair, at
work I'm most often critical of the system, but I realise when talking
to outsiders that I (and probably most people here) take the positive
things about it for granted. I have also worked for brief periods in
private general practice.

--
Stathis Papaioannou