[ExI] rich dad poor dad

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri May 15 07:23:50 UTC 2009

2009/5/13 spike <spike66 at att.net>:

> There is a local seminar from the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad that is being
> advertised on the radio.  The lead-in advice to attract listeners seems like
> terrible advice.  Perhaps some here have heard the ads.  They say right up
> front that working and saving will never get you rich (therefore don't
> bother trying.)  There are other notions in there that will likely prove
> ruinous to those who follow the advice, but consider the masses who hear the
> ads and do not attend the seminar.  I can imagine the actual ads leading to
> financial ruin for millions.

It's true that working and saving will never get you rich. The trick
is to come up with a scheme that legally transfers other peoples'
savings to you at a rate greatly in excess of the value of the work
you put into it. Then, to make yourself feel better, you say that *by
definition* the work you put into the scheme must be equal to the
money you have managed to extract, since the value of work is whatever
the market will bear.

--
Stathis Papaioannou