[ExI] Advocacy and libertarian optimism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:31:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> But *given* say a feudal culture circa 1000 AD
> that you found yourself a part of, you'd still
> be a classic libertarian? Me, at that point,
> I'd either be advocating more or less obedience
> to the local lord or to the king, whichever would
> get us into an era of free trade sooner.

Actually, when I say that I live in a neo-feodal society, above all in
Europe and especially after the sixties, I may be unjustly disparaging
feodalism, in the sense that when we use that term we inevitably refer
to its "consolidated" and crystallised version.

Instead, the establishment of feodalism itself was certainly a violent
age, but also an age of great opportunities, of cultural changes and
of great social mobility, actually probably greater than what we know
today.

--
Stefano Vaj