[ExI] reading vs hearing

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue May 19 05:04:09 UTC 2009

2009/5/19 spike <spike66 at att.net>:

>> ...On Behalf Of Harvey Newstrom
>> Subject: [ExI] Speeding up audio
>>
>> On Friday, May 15, 2009 4:35 PM, spike wrote:
>> > I can read a lot faster than he can talk.
>>
>> I can listen faster than he can talk.  That is why I listen
>> to podcasts and audio at increased speed... Harvey Newstrom

I was doing some music with an excellent tenor a couple of years ago,
who happened to be blind. He asked me to help him with his machine,
but when I tried, there was A) no mouse, and B) while there was a
monitor, he didn't use it of course, rather using some software that
would speak the contents of the screen to him. It had a speed control,
and he had it cranked up so fast that it was no longer recognisable
(to me) as human speech.

This is the fastest demonstration of the software I can find online,
but I'm pretty sure his was running faster than this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yWgoPW0nxM&feature=related

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related