[ExI] Once again: Some vitamins don't help in large doses

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:50:21 UTC 2009

On 5/19/09, Mike Dougherty wrote:
> I don't understand why anyone would approach contribution to a public
>  list / forum as a "victory for their side" - aren't we here to get
>  along and further like-minded ideas?  Maybe I really am that naive...

As I quoted on another list.....................
Warning!  Satire Alert!

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:The_Last_Word>

Quote:
Getting the Last Word in a debate is crucial, as it is the only proof
of your argumentative success.
Getting the last word means that you win the debate. It also shows
your moral superiority, and willingness to stand your ground. This
should convince your opponent that you are correct, and will certainly
impress your fellow list members.

It is particularly important to get the last word where you are in
some doubts as to the merits of your case. The last word will serve as
a clinching argument that will make up for any deficiencies in your
logic. Achieving the last word *now* also brings the advantage that
you may subsequently point to your success in this debate as the
clinching argument in future debates. However, if you did not win the
last discussion, we still recommend claiming incessantly that you did.