[ExI] LIT: The Medusa Complex - A Theory of Stoned Posthumanism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed May 20 21:27:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>
wrote:
> I think we have to assume litcritsprache has independently coined the term
> "posthumanism" as another step beyond Althusserian "antihumanism," so it
has
> no obvious relevance to the transhuman/ posthuman spectrum discussed in
> discourses such as this list.

Mmhhh. It is undeniable that "posthumanists" in this context refers more to
post-humanism  than to posthuman-ism.

Yet some obvious convergences do exist, and should perhaps be explored much
more in depth than it is usually the case, especially amongst English-mother
tongue transhumanists who may be deterred to do so by the attitude of people
like Dale Carrico.

See, for instance:
- Viroid Life: Perspectives on Nietzsche and the Transhuman
Condition<http://www.amazon.com/Viroid-Life-Perspectives-Nietzsche-Transhuman/dp/0415154359/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242854223&sr=8-1>
by
Ansell Pearson
- Posthumanism (Readers in Cultural
Criticism)<http://www.amazon.com/Posthumanism-Readers-Cultural-Criticism-Badmington/dp/0333765389/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242854179&sr=1-1>
by
Neil Badmington
- Pour en finir avec le nihilisme. Heidegger et la question de la
technique<http://www.uomo-libero.com/images/file/heidegger_faye.html>,
by Guillaume Faye
- Postmodern Fables<http://www.amazon.com/Postmodern-Fables-Jean-Francois-Lyotard/dp/0816625557/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242854427&sr=8-9>
by
Jean-Francois Lyotard and Georges Van Den Abbeele

--
Stefano Vaj